Cochecito is being sold. We are very sad about it, but we need to upgrade for two reasons:
– cochecito is not 4×4. And we are going into 4×4 tracks more and more, and we dont want to break it
– cochecito is for 2 people, and half of the time we are 3 🙂 so we are going to upgrade to something that can allow 3 (even 4) persons to sleep.
So i am in Dusseldorf now, doing a complete check, fixing everything that needs to be fixed and changing lights, breaks, oil and a lot of things. Tomorrow i will depart to Madrid, sleeping in France, after 357000 roundabouts.
And we have 2 possibilites for the next car, and i wanted to ask your opinion. These are the 2 possibilities (click on each one to open).
1.- A Ford Ranger with an installed flatbed and an australian 4×4 cell imported from australia and totally equiped.
– Full real 4×4 expedition vehicle. we can go everythere.
– Cell can be detached and left in a place.
– Much more space.
– Competely dust and water sealed
– We can pay half of the cell in advance.
– Better resell value.
– inside kitchen, table, huge water tank, huge fridge.
– Uses a flat tray so much better than any pick up cell.
– Extremely strong. 10 years sctructural warranty.
– We have to pay everything together, not step by step.
– A bit more expensive.
– If we order now, it arrives from australia in november.
– Not stealthy at all.
– More difficult to resell.
– Vehicle needs to be converted with flat tray.
1.- A 4×4 Wolkswagen T5 with a lift & suspension kit, new tires, a pop top roof and a box system
– We can build it step by step, getting first the vehicle, then the box, then the roof, then the 4×4 conversion.
– It is more “stealthy” and it allows you to sleep 2 people without the open roof. Probably even in the city.
– We can get it in 1.5 months.
– We dont have to spend all the money in one operation.
– It is a bit less expensive than the second possibility.
– Almost as expensive as the second possibility.
– Not completely 4×4.
– Less reselling value.
– VW T5 are expensive in germany.
What do you think and what do you prefer? Why? It is a complex decision! Feel free to leave your opinion in the comments 🙂
- VW T5 with pop top roof and 4x4 modification. 56%, 14 votes14 votes 56%14 votes - 56% of all votes
- Ford Ranger 4x4 with Australian Cell and flat tray 36%, 9 votes9 votes 36%9 votes - 36% of all votes
- Because yes 🙂* 8%, 2 votes2 votes 8%2 votes - 8% of all votes